1/2 Day Fly Fishing Guided Trip On The Crooked River
There is nothing like a beautiful fishing spot, comfortable equipment and a great guide. We provide all of this to you on our 1/2 day fly fishing expeditions.
Learn how to fly fish or brush-up on your skills with your expert local guide who knows the fish, the hatches and the waters. Have a fun and successful day on the river with free photos throughout the day provided by your guide. Personalized instruction is available to everyone from ages 7 to 70 and better. We tailor the day so everyone has fun.
Your guide will take care of your every need starting with an in Bend, OR familiarization session starting at 8am for the morning session or at the Crooked River meeting area at 1pm for an afternoon session. (During the winter we offer only a mid-day session from 9am to 2pm).
On tour we provide all the equipment you need to enjoy your 4 hour session and help you become comfortable with it.
Crooked River 1/2 Day Trip Details
- 8:00am – Meet at the Patient Angler Fly Shop parking lot
(822 SE 3rd St. Suite B Bend, OR 97702)
- 8:10am – Caravan in your own vehicle to our first stop, Alfalfa Market to pick up supplies and purchase a fishing license if you don’t have one already
- 8:45am – Arrive at the Crooked River
- 9:00am – After becoming familiar with your equipment we wade into the river and fish
- 1:00pm – Return to Bend
Pre-Tour Confirmation Process
- Your guide will call you the night before (between 5pm & 7pm) the tour day to review your details
- $100 deposit secures your day at checkout
- An email is sent detailing all needed information with meeting location addresses in Bend or on the Crooked River.
- Fly fishing rods & reels for each fisher
- Flies appropriate for the season, location and the target fish
- Waders & Boots
- Wading Staff
- Water Bottles
- Deposit of $100 is required at checkout
- Remainder of the trip cost due by credit card on day of tour
- The first two fishers are included in the base price, each additional fisher is $100.00. Max 4 fishers per guide.
- Gratuity not included
What To Bring On The Trip
- Polarized sunglasses is recommended
- Good warm socks
- Appropriate pants, jacket and shirt for the day’s weather
- Hat and/or sunscreen
- Height weight & shoe size for each fisher at checkout
- Crooked River meet-ups for this tours is 2pm at Big Bend Campground.
- Bend meet-ups at Fred Meyer are at 1pm
- All afternoon fly fishing expeditions return to Bend by 6pm
Large Groups & Corporate Retreats
- Up to 12 fishers are allowed on the river at one time
- One licensed guide per 4 fishers
- Transportation options are available
- Food & drink options are available
- 15% gratuity is added for groups greater than 4 people
Cancellation, Refund & Fishing Policies
- Please be advised that Walk-And-Wade Tours are on steep and rough terrain
- The walk will require guests to traverse steep and rough trails to reach the river, sometimes up to 1 mile each way.
- You will be wading into the river, possibly crossing it at multiple points and standing on an uneven riverbed, in a moderate current.
- You must be able to walk, climb or scramble, cross slippery rocks and stand for long periods of time.
- Rental equipment comes in sizes up to XL, (if you normally use XXL or larger, please contact us prior to booking)
- 7 years old is the minimum age for fishers
- special situations are allowed for mature young kids under 7 (too young and they won’t have fun)
- Cancellation with full refund is allowed up to 2 days prior to tour date
- We can cater a trip to the needs and abilities of the fisher
- All fishers must have at least a 1-day fishing license before arriving at the river